2012, I liked you. I liked you a lot. You were very generous and kind, blessing us with a brand new, darling little being to love. You were a year filled with love and laughter and joy with my three handsome boys. Looking back now, with all of your days stretched out behind me, I remember the things that made me smile.
Moments to remember.
* Celebrated our last night in our first home with Little Caesar's pizza & Crazy Bread.
* Moved into our beautiful new home. During a snowstorm!
* Everett loves getting bounced on his crib mattress.
* Visited NHL Fan Fest.
* Skated on the canal. Everett tries his first Beavertail.
* Super Bowl feast! Giants beat the Patriots.
* Everett starts saying "Cookie" (and he says it like Cookie Monster: cooookie)
* Trip to the flea market, where a man tells me that I'm having a BOY.
* Tim makes Beavertail cheesecake for Valentine's day. This pregnant mama is HAPPY.
* After dinner Dexter marathons.
* Mid-March heat wave: temperatures reach the high 20s!
* Caleb Shay Harfield is born on March 21st at 1:07 p.m.
* Sens clinch a playoff spot.
* Everett is obsessed with buses.
* Easter weekend: Everett's first egg hunts.
* Addie turns two with a monkey party.
* Caleb starts SMILING!
* Sens play Rangers in first round. Dad wins tickets and gives them to us. First date night after Caleb is born, and we get to watch the Sens win in OT on a Kyle Turris goal!
* Tim builds Everett the ultimate cardboard house.
* Tulip festival & dinner at Mamma Grazzi's with the boys.
* Caleb sleeps from 10:30 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
* Everett counts to 13.
* Everett says "La loo, mama!"
* Everett's first night in his big boy bed. We wake up the next morning to his little face peeking over the side of our bed.
* First trip of the year to the Farmer's Market.
* Everett rides the bus with daddy.
* Summer outings: Touch-a-Truck & Experimental Farm.
* Blue Mountain wedding weekend. Longest road trip EVER. But so, so much fun.
* Water fights in the backyard.
* Caleb's baptism.
* Day trip to Brockville for fish & chips, jumps into the river, and a trip to Iroquois Beach.
* Yahtzee & Scattergories in mom & dad's backyard.
* Tim turns 30! BBQ with friends. "30 Things We Love About You" video.
* More summer outings: zoo, beach.
* Montreal wedding weekend.
* Tim goes back to work after five glorious months at home. :(
* Caleb's first taste of food: banana.
* Everett turns TWO! Planes-trains-trucks-cars party with family & friends.
* Apple picking. Caleb's first taste of apple.
* Caleb turns six months (with an apple-themed photo shoot).
* Our 3rd anniversary. Date night to The Keg. New (leather) purse for me, new (leather) shoes for Tim.
* Thanksgiving weekend: pumpkin picking, beer pong, family, and lots of turkey.
* A trip to Proulx Farm.
* Last-minute picnic on an unusually mild day. Sandwiches. Cupcakes.
* Caleb gets his first tooth!
* Everett can read us The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
* Halloween, Wizard of Oz style.
* Trip to Mer Bleue bog with the boys.
* Caleb starts crawling.
* Everett asks for "Yeah yeah yeah" every time we are in the car.
* My 28th (champagne) birthday.
* First big snowfalls.
* (Caleb's first) Christmas! Trip down Taffy Lane. Visit with Santa. Christmas crafts. Cookie decorating. Christmas movies. Christmas stories. Endless Christmas music.
* 26 Acts of Kindness.
* Christmas morning with the boys. Wonder & joy.
* Everett gives Caleb a pretend haircut.
* Sledding on the morning of New Year's Eve.
So many moments, big and small. Some I will remember always. Others will grow hazy over time, but will always lie somewhere deep in my heart, for they once made me smile. 2012, you were a very good year indeed. Thanks for all the love.
Happy New Year!